Thursday, August 16, 2007

Taking it easy today..

So I spent most of the day in my new room at the Flora del Mar guest house, its 5 minutes walk to the Kapinski hotel where I just returned from having some drinks at the bar with some friends I made. My new room has a great view and an actual breeze when all the windows and doors are open. The room is clean and has room service and some cute backpackers down the hall who like my music.
The guys I met at the bar gave me the low down on the local politics. The President, Blaise Compaoré, is relatively stable after surviving a coup a few years ago. He is incredibly corrupt but in a honest way. "When he is bribed he stays bribed" ahh maybe my $1500 will be a good investment. I am a little star struck because my NBF (New best friend Momoga) is going to introduce me to him at a coming of age party for his daughter on saturday.
Well I must go because they are about to turn off the generator.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Remember me? Gio, I bailed you out few years ago when you, DUI, wrecked Susan's car and had a $5000 bill in damages?

How about some help in bribing and keeping bribed that president of your?

With Wall Street in bad shape (the bounce last Friday reminds a dead cat's bounce) and the real estate in the USA going nowhere but down I need new horizons....

Adam said...

I think you have me confused with my friend Elijah. He was driving that night.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Elaijha!?! He could barely walk or talk that night!!! And the same still applies today, let alone driving, reading or writing. That friend of your is good for nothing. This is my advise loose him.

Cam'on man let me in to the action, what is it going to cost you? I am not gonna steal your darling President or your friend Momoga, plus you could use someone watching your back. These guys, you know it, are crooks ready to ditch you (and I mean literally, like the livestock they run over) the moment you run out of $1500 bribes. And come to think we can pull in my friend Ronny from Zimbabwe, a little protection and know how from and old timer who survived the Rhodesia Internal Settlement. Yes I know he is old but wise and knows his way in Afrika.