Monday, August 13, 2007

My 2nd day...







My new best friend Atumbo (thats him on the right) has invited me to dinner at his family compound in Mabilisi a suburb 30 kilometers from here. I have accepted. Before I get ready to go let me talk about the day so far.

1) There are incredible opportunities here and I have come at the right time.

2) I have met the right people. Atumbo is related to the President and is part of his tribe.

3) I will switch hotels and move to a guest house in the morning.

4) I am researching coltan as it seems that the property I am going to see has alot of it underground. I am interested in this particular property for its location near the new airport but I like that it has residual value.

5) I met some of those journalists I met on the plane and will go visit them tomorrow night at their hotel bar.

6) It is 5pm here and its 130 degrees.

No comments: